The Original Little Foot Quarter-Inch Presser Foot by Lynn Graves. Produced in clear lexan for greater visibility for all your machine piecing.
- The right edge is 1/4" from the center needle position which gives you an exact 1/4" seam allowance.
The left edge is a scant 3/8" from the center needle position. This gives a better tension control, as it will cover more feed dogs on most machines.
In the photos above you will be able to see a tutorial for how to use this particular attachment when applying binding. This method helps retain a more accurate fold on each side of the quilt, encasing the perfect amount of batting for a nice smooth edge.
- Fold and press 2 1/2" binding in half.
- Cut one end off at a 45 degree angle then fold and press the cut edge 1/2 inch toward the wrong side.
- Leaving several inches unsewn (see photos above), begin sewing 1/4 inch seam allowance from the binding edge, using the clear foot as your guide.
- Before reaching a corner, mark the edge of your quilt top on your binding - then slowly stitch until that line matches up with the line on the foot that is closest to the needle.
- Turn and stitch a few stitches at a 45 degree angle till you reach the quilt corner. Cut threads and pull out quilt so that you can begin stitching the next side.
- Fold binding up perpendicular to the edge and then back down again creating a fold across the corner.
- Lower needle into the fabric first, then lower presser foot and begin sewing 1/4 inch seam allowance, starting at the outside corner edge. Repeat these corner steps all the way around the quilt until you almost reach the beginning of your binding.
- Cut final end of binding at 45 degree angle and insert into beginning folds of binding.
- Finish stitching down 1/4" seam allowance on the last of the binding.
- Trim batting and backing 1/8-inch outside the quilt top.
- Fold binding over and hand or machine stitch in place. The corners should mitre and come together (pin or clip in place to stitch down).
LOW SHANK: fits the Singer Featherweight 221, 222K and all low, vertical shank Sewing Machines (i.e. 15, 27, 28, 66, 99, 185, 127, 128, 192, 201, 206, 237, 306, 319, 320, 328, as well as many other brands besides Singer)
SLANT SHANK: fits all SLANT shank Singer Sewing Machines (i.e. 301, 301A, 401, 401A, 403, 500, 503, 600 & 700 Series and all other Slant Needle Singer Models)
SNAP-ON SHANK: fits most newer model Singer Machines as well as many other brands (i.e. Elna, Brother, etc.)
Below is a video tutorial showing and comparing all the 1/4" feet that we carry: