Taxes and discounts calculated in checkout.
SHOP TALK: Cinnamon Roll Pie
by Ashley Fritsche
Ashley, our Marketing Director, has quite the sweet tooth, as do both of her kids Nathan and Sayley. This recipe, Cinnamon Roll Pie, has become a fast favorite in their household for the simplicity of the recipe, and how delicious it turns out every time!
Cinnamon Roll Pie:
2 packages Buttermilk Biscuits
1/2 - 1 cup butter, melted (we always use more!)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (to taste preference)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray round pan with non-stick spray. Mix the cinnamon & sugar in a small dish.
3. Remove biscuits, and roll out flat and thin. You can use either your hands or a rolling pin for this step. (Nathan and Sayley LOVE using their hands, playing with the dough.)
4. Dip each flattened biscuit in butter, and dip in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Make sure to cover thoroughly and shake off excess.
5. Roll up each biscuit, placing along the outside of the skillet, spiraling towards the center.
6. Sprinkle the remaining butter and cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top of the Cinnamon Roll Pie.
7. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until the top is a nice golden brown.
8. While the pie is cooling down, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla together. Gently add in the heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency!
9. Pour the icing over the pie until it is completely covered! Cut and serve while warm.