Taxes and discounts calculated in checkout.
MACHINE SEWING Book by the Singer Manufacturing Company - a Teacher’s Textbook subtitled "A TREATISE ON THE CARE AND USE OF FAMILY SEWING MACHINES AND THEIR ATTACHMENTS"
These are original complete books that have some wear indicated in the photos.
Published primarily for Teacher’s of Home Economics, these are few and far between and becoming harder and harder to find as more and more Singer collectors see the value in owning such a quality book with a wealth of information.
Copyright 1925. Primarily, this is one of the most excellent resources for Singer Attachment collectors as it references many, many Singer Sewing Machine Attachments - including some really scarce attachments!
Machine Know-How, Troubleshooting, Stitch Formation, Vibrating or Long Shuttle, Oscillating Hook, Oscillating Shuttle, Rotary Hook, Single Thread Elastic Chain Stitch.
- Testing a Needle for Straightness
- Tension Correctness
- How to Shorten & Replace a Treadle Belt
- The Principle Parts of Lock-Stitch Sewing Machines and Their Uses
- Formation of a Lock Stitch
- Stitch Formation Diagrams for the Vibrating Shuttle
- Chapter on the Binder & Bias Tape
- Chapter on the Foot Hemmer & Adjustable Hemmer (giving names to each part of the attachment)
- Chapter on the Tucker
- Chapter on the Ruffler
- Chapters on Fashion-Aid Attachments:
Shirring Plate, Gathering Foot, Quilter, Edge-Stitcher, Buttonholes; Binder Attachment, Narrow Hemmer, Adjustable Hemmer, Ruffler, Hemstitcher, Flatwork Darner, Stocking Darner