SHOP TALK: Bomp's Root Beer Cookies
Welcome back to Shop Talk here at The Featherweight Shop! We love our local chit chat with staff, gathering around the dinette table so-to-speak (because that is what we have!) and sharing with one another. In these segments, we exchange patterns, recipes, organizational ideas, history quips, gardening tips, crafty projects, and smiles about learning an old-fashioned way of doing things. Shop Talk is the fun tidbits of news!
Roxanne from The Featherweight Shop Customer Service Team!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons Root Beer extract (any will do but Roxanne & Bomp prefer Watkins)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, the buttermilk, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons Root Beer extract and the vanilla.
4. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
5. Add flour. baking soda and salt, beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
6. Place dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until set, cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon half and half
2 teaspoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon Root Beer extract
1. In a small mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients.
2. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
3. Spread frosting evenly on cookies.
4. Let dry completely before storing.