- Restore Along
- Stitch Along
- Sew Along
- Shop Talk
- Penny Postcard
- Sew-In At Home
- Road Trip
SHOP BY CATEGORY
- New to the Shop
- Collector's Corner
- Manuals & Service
- Gifts & Novelties
- English Paper Piecing
- All Products
- Sold Items
Shop Talk: Sweet Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookies!
by Ashley Fritsche
Sweet Snickerdoodle cookies are a Christmastime favorite in Nathan and Sayley's house! As soon as these tasty treats come out of the oven, they soon are consumed with a cold glass of milk!
This Snickerdoodle recipe has been handed down through the generations and has been proven time and time again as a winner! We hope you get as much joy from these beloved cookies as we do!
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Basking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.)
3) Cream butter in stand mixer.
4) Add sugar to the creamed butter.
5) Add eggs to the creamed butter, mix.
6) Add corn syrup and vanilla extract to the creamed butter and egg mixture, then mix.
7) Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1/2 cup at a time until fully mixed.
8) Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl to use for cookie coating.
9) Roll dough into 1/2 inch size balls in your hand. After they are firmly packed, rolling in the cinnamon sugar coating. Place on baking sheet (I like to cover mine in parchment paper to prevent sticking.)
10) Bake for 10 - 12 minutes (checking at 8 minutes) until lightly golden on the top and just starting to divide!
11) Cool on cookie rack or parchment paper, serve warm!