The Original Little Foot Quarter-Inch Presser Foot by Lynn Graves. Produced in clear lexan for greater visibility for all your machine piecing.
- The right edge is 1/4" from the center needle position which gives you a scant 1/4" seam allowance.
The left edge is a scant 3/8" from the center needle position. This gives a better tension control, as it will cover more feed dogs on most machines.
In the photos above you will be able to see a tutorial for how to use this particular attachment when applying binding. This method helps retain a more accurate fold on each side of the quilt, encasing the perfect amount of batting for a nice smooth edge.
- Fold and press 2 1/2" binding in half.
- Cut one end off at a 45 degree angle then fold and press the cut edge 1/2 inch toward the wrong side.
- Leaving several inches unsewn (see photos above), begin sewing 1/4 inch seam allowance from the binding edge, using the clear foot as your guide.
- Before reaching a corner, mark the edge of your quilt top on your binding - then slowly stitch until that line matches up with the line on the foot that is closest to the needle.
- Turn and stitch a few stitches at a 45 degree angle till you reach the quilt corner. Cut threads and pull out quilt so that you can begin stitching the next side.
- Fold binding up perpendicular to the edge and then back down again creating a fold across the corner.
- Lower needle into the fabric first, then lower presser foot and begin sewing 1/4 inch seam allowance, starting at the outside corner edge. Repeat these corner steps all the way around the quilt until you almost reach the beginning of your binding.
- Cut final end of binding at 45 degree angle and insert into beginning folds of binding.
- Finish stitching down 1/4" seam allowance on the last of the binding.
- Trim batting and backing 1/8-inch outside the quilt top.
- Fold binding over and hand or machine stitch in place. The corners should mitre and come together (pin or clip in place to stitch down).
SLANT SHANK: fits all SLANT shank Singer Sewing Machines (i.e. 301, 301A, 401, 401A, 403, 500, 503, 600 & 700 Series and all other Slant Needle Singer Models)
Slant shank feet do NOT fit a Featherweight.
The video tutorial will show and compare all the different 1/4" feet that we carry: