Taxes and discounts calculated in checkout.
- Product Description
This Singer Featherweight 222K is magnificent in cloud with gold decals. Completely restored inside and out - this Featherweight 222 will be ready to sew right out of the case. This machine is fitted with an original 220-volt motor that has been rewound to work at 110 voltage with optimum speed and torque. A voltage converter is not needed in the USA or Canada. Be sure to click on any image above to view the beauty of this machine and restoration quality. EJ223*** indicates an original commission date of October 1st, 1953.
This Featherweight 222K was one of the earliest produced - within the first 1,000 in fact! The first seven batches of these machines were commissioned in very small quantities. This particular machine comes from the third batch and is one of 200 Free-Arm Featherweights produced on October 1st, 1953 - nearly 20 years after the first batch of 221 machines were commissioned.
A free-arm Featherweight 222 has distinguished, and extra characteristics compared to the original 221 model. Click here for a side-by-side comparison of the 221 and 222 model machines.
- Take note of the Feed Dog Lowering Lever indicated by SEW & DARN. This enables free-motion embroidery & darning: go from ‘SEW’ing to ‘DARN’ing just by pulling on the lever and lowering it down to the Darn position. This will lower the feed dogs (teeth-like mechanism) enabling Free-Motion work.
- The bed removes to reveal the tiniest little free-arm - perfect for tight seams and hard-to-reach places.
Included with Machine:
- Replica Carrying Case
- Basic Attachments in Replica Attachment Box: Ruffler, Edge Stitcher, Narrow Hemmer, Adjustable Hemmer, Shirrer, Binder
- New 222K Embroidery Foot
- 4" Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Replica 222K Instruction Manual
- Thread Post
- Maintenance Logbook
- Oil Bottle with Oil
- Motor Lubricant
- Microtex Needles
- Small Spool of Aurifil Thread
- Case Tote Bag
- Five (5) Extra Bobbins
- Large & Small Screwdrivers
- Stitch Sample, guaranteeing a quality stitch
Additional Quilting Attachments can be purchased, and if you need any Fashion Aids for apparel or ornamental sewing (e.g., Buttonholer, Blind Stitcher, etc...), we will prepare samples for those as well should you decide to purchase them separately.
The Original Bobbin Case is included, adhering to originality all these years later. The machine has been serviced and calibrated for quilter’s cotton, so tension is already properly set; however, tension can easily be adjusted depending on fabric needs.
The machine is fitted with an original striated faceplate and the replica case includes the tray for holding the attachments.
Free Shipping in the USA through UPS Ground is provided. The machine will be thoroughly and carefully packed ~ guaranteed to arrive safe and sound.
For more information on purchasing a Featherweight during our Featherweight Faire, click here.