Taxes and discounts calculated in checkout.
- Product Description
This first-year Singer Featherweight 222K is in great condition, and it was commissioned on November 18th, 1953, in Kilbowie, Scotland! 1953 was the first year for the 222 - 20 years after the birth of the 221. The 1953 222s are unique compared to later 222 machines because the light housings have the older styled "Singer" decal that was used with the Celtic knot decals on the 221K machines.
Completely serviced inside and out - this Featherweight 222 will be ready to sew right out of the case. It is fitted with an original 110-volt motor that has been rewound to work at optimum speed and torque. A voltage converter is not needed in the USA or Canada. Be sure to click on any image above to view the beauty of this machine. It has been given a grade 8 and has a few small pin scratches and scuffs.
A free-arm Featherweight 222 has distinguished, and extra characteristics compared to the original 221 model. Click here for a side-by-side comparison of the 221 and 222 model machines.
- Take note of the Feed Dog Lowering Lever indicated by SEW & DARN. This enables free-motion embroidery & darning: go from ‘SEW’ing to ‘DARN’ing just by pulling on the lever and lowering it down to the Darn position. This will lower the feed dogs (teeth-like mechanism) enabling Free-Motion work.
- The bed removes to reveal the tiniest little free-arm - perfect for tight seams and hard-to-reach places.
Included with Machine:
- Original Carrying Case
- Basic Attachments: Ruffler, Edge Stitcher, Narrow Hemmer, Adjustable Hemmer, Shirrer, Binder
- Original 222K Embroidery Foot
- Original 222K Embroidery Hoop and Box
- Replica 222K Instruction Manual
- Thread Post
- Maintenance Logbook
- Oil Bottle with Oil
- Motor Lubricant
- Microtex Needles
- Small Spool of Aurifil Thread
- Case Tote Bag
- Five (5) Extra Bobbins
- Large & Small Screwdrivers
- Stitch Sample, guaranteeing a quality stitch
Additional Quilting Attachments can be purchased, and if you need any Fashion Aids for apparel or ornamental sewing (e.g., Buttonholer, Blind Stitcher, etc...), we will prepare samples for those as well should you decide to purchase them separately.
The Original Bobbin Case is included, adhering to originality all these years later. The machine has been serviced and calibrated for quilter’s cotton, so tension is already properly set; however, tension can easily be adjusted depending on fabric needs.
The machine is fitted with an original striated faceplate and the original case includes the tray for holding the attachments.
Free Shipping in the USA through UPS Ground is provided. The machine will be thoroughly and carefully packed ~ guaranteed to arrive safe and sound.
For more information on purchasing a Featherweight during our Featherweight Faire, click here.