Taxes and discounts calculated in checkout.
Sew Along: Sewing North to Alaska by Featherweight (Getting Prepared)
by April Henry
COMING SOON, Thursday, March 25th!
In May of this year, we were scheduled to take a Featherweight Maintenance and Quilting Cruise with 40 other Featherweight friends from around the world to Alaska. However, as you all know, due to the government response to Covid, travel (and much of life in general) was canceled in 2020 and is continuing into 2021... and even 2022 for at least some of the cruising industry. So, we have disembarked, so-to-speak, and are continuing on in the spirit of Alaska anyway by starting an Alaska Sew Along!
Four of us from the shop have gathered an Alaska kit of our color choice, too, and are sewing blocks in tandem, helping each other along as we all stay on task - learning new skills and sharing piecing tips with one another. Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts is our tutorial guide as she teaches through her video in her adorable Polish accent... she is truly a sweetheart with a soothing voice, encouraging us through some advanced quilting techniques.
And, BONUS! All the fabric pieces are pre-cut by laser - perfect and beautiful, adding a spark of new joy in our piecework. Pieces don't fray, they're uniform and we can sew right away!
So, don't be shy... join in with us as we sew north to Alaska by Featherweight!
ADDITIONAL TOOLS WE USE:
- Sue Daley 16-inch Round Rotating Cutting Mat
- Rotary Cutter
- Scissors for trimming and snipping threads
- Sewline Pencil
- Ultra-Fine Glasshead Pins
- Seam Square
- Seam Guide (or Quarter Inch Foot of Choice)
- Quick Press Seam Roller OR
- Alex Anderson's 4-in-1 Essential Sewing Tool
- Portable Iron
- Pressing Fleece (Wool or Alpaca)
- Template Set (Acrylic) for Alaska Quilt (optional - only necessary if cutting from your own fabrics)